There are lots of ingredients to a great elearning course. But in the end, the success of your course hinges on a critical question: does it help your audience learn and apply relevant skills and knowledge? If not, it’s probably because the instructional design got lost in the shuffle.
These posts explore key elements of instructional design to help you think through how to build courses that truly help people learn.
- Create Engaging E-Learning Courses You Can Be Proud Of
- How Do You Communicate with Your E-Learners?
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Instructional Design
- 3 Things to Consider When Building Your E-Learning Courses
- The 3 Essential Questions Every Learner Wants Answered
- Go Beyond Information Sharing – 5 Ways Your E-learning Courses Can Create Understanding
- 3 Simple Techniques to Guide Your Learner’s Attention
- What We Can Learn About Instructional Design from Post-it™ Notes
- How To Get Your Learners to Remember More
- Motivate Your Learners with These 5 Simple Tips
- What Slot Machines, Video Games and Legos Have to do with E-Learning
- Maybe All Your Learner Needs Is a Baby Shower
Upcoming Events (2015)
- April 15 & 16 (Chicago, IL). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: How to Build Interactive E-Learning
Day 2: Use Articulate Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- May 17-20 (Orlando, FL). ATD International Conference & Expo. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- June 3 & 4 (San Francisco, CA). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: Learn to Create Your Own E-Learning Assets
Day 2: Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- June 12 (Austin, TX). Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning. Updated! Register here.
Elearning Heroes Roadshows
We’re hosting a series of two-day elearning workshops that focus on practical tips and tricks. You can register for one day or two days.
Complete this form if you’re interested in presenting or want to submit an idea for a presentation. Presenters attend the workshop for free.
- Toronto: June 17 & 18
- Seattle: August 4 & 5
- Vancouver: September 23 & 24
- Philadelphia: October 28 & 29
E-learning Community News
- Learn: Want to learn more about elearning? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
- Get hired: Job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
- Participate: Weekly challenges to sharpen your skills and show off what you’ve done. Great way to learn and get feedback.
- Resources: Free PowerPoint templates, free elearning templates, and free e-books. Updated all the time.
- Inspiration: Cool elearning examples.