Hi, I’m Tom, your host of The Rapid E-Learning Blog. I am passionate about learning and technology. I have over 20 years experience in the training industry where I’ve developed hundreds of hours of elearning and managed elearning and training projects at Capital One, Washington Mutual, and Weyerhaeuser.
I have a Master’s in Education Technology from Pepperdine, where I researched how to cultivate communities of practice through the development of personal expertise. Currently, I run the user community for Articulate with a focus on building a passionate community of rapid elearning developers.
I’d love to hear your ideas and learn about your training projects. Drop me a line. I’m also on Twitter and post a lot of quick tips and job postings.
Upcoming Events (2015)
- April 15 & 16 (Chicago, IL). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: How to Build Interactive E-Learning
Day 2: Use Articulate Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- May 17-20 (Orlando, FL). ATD International Conference & Expo. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- June 3 & 4 (San Francisco, CA). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: Learn to Create Your Own E-Learning Assets
Day 2: Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- June 12 (Austin, TX). Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning. Registration page coming soon.
Elearning Heroes Roadshows
We’ll be hosting a series of two-day elearning workshops that focus on practical tips and tricks. You’ll be able to register for one day or two. Complete this form if you’re interested in presenting or want to submit an idea for a presentation. Registration pages coming soon.
- Toronto: June 17 & 18
- Seattle: August 4 & 5
- Vancouver: September 23 & 24
- Philadelphia: October 14 & 15
- Austin: November 4 & 5
- Atlanta: Details coming.
E-learning Community News
- Learn: Want to learn more about elearning? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
- Get hired: Job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs (updated weekly)
- Participate: Weekly challenges to sharpen your skills and show off what you’ve done. Great way to learn and get feedback.
- Resources: Free PowerPoint templates, free elearning templates, and free e-books. Updated all the time.
- Inspiration: Cool elearning examples.
Send an email to Tom
I'm always open to ideas. Do you have any questions or comments? Feel free to send them my way.