Rapid elearning can mean many things. For some it means easy tools that let you
build elearning courses without special programming skills. For others, it means being empowered to quickly share your expertise with others. Ultimately, it’s usually about getting the right information to people at the right time while operating at the speed of business.
Rapid E-Learning 101
If you’re just getting started with elearning, this series brings you up-to-speed. You’ll learn the basics of rapid elearning and how best to get your project off the ground.
- So You Want To Be An E-Learning Hero?
- 5 Ways To Jump Start Your Next E-Learning Project.
- What Everyone Ought To Know About Designing An E-Learning Course.
- Build A Simple E-Learning Project Plan.
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Subject Matter Expert.
- Understanding Multimedia For Rapid E-Learning Design.
- I Just Finished My Rapid E-Learning Course. Now, What Do I Do?
How to Get Started with E-Learning
I get a lot of emails asking how to get started with elearning. Subscribing to this blog is a good start. But I do have a few more suggestions. There are three core areas you should focus on: instructional design, visual design, and performance consulting. These areas will help build effective courses that look good. And you’ll know how to build the right type of course.
But the real tip is to practice what you’re learning, even if it’s simple in the beginning. Create and maintain a portfolio; and then connect with other people in the industry. The following posts cover the essentials. In some of them I recommend good elearning books and other resources.
- 5 Simple Ways to Get Started with E-Learning Development
- Here’s How to Be an E-Learning Superstar
- 10 Sure-Fire Tips to Becoming a Rapid E-Learning Pro…Rapidly!
- Here’s Why You Need an E-Learning Portfolio
- 5 Ways Web 2.0 Can Make You a Better E-Learning Designer
Upcoming Events (2015)
- Vancouver & Toronto Workshops: We’re planning a couple of workshops in Toronto & Vancouver. If you’re interested, let us know. Click here for more details.
- March 25-27 (Orlando, FL). Learning Solutions. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- April 15 & 16 (Chicago, IL). Registration page coming soon.
Day 1: How to Build Interactive E-Learning
Day 2: Use Articulate Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- May 17-20 (Orlando, FL). ATD International Conference & Expo. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- June 3 & 4 (San Francisco, CA). Registration page coming soon.
Day 1: Learn to Create Your Own E-Learning Assets
Day 2: Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- Other locations include: Philadelphia, Memphis, Atlanta, Vancouver, and Toronto.
E-learning Community News
- Learn: Want to learn more about elearning? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
- Get hired: Job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs (updated weekly)
- Participate: Weekly challenges to sharpen your skills and show off what you’ve done. Great way to learn and get feedback.
- Resources: Free PowerPoint templates, free elearning templates, and free e-books. Updated all the time.
- Inspiration: Cool elearning examples.