The success of your elearning course starts and ends with project management. You’ll need to create a plan with the sponsor or client who commissions your course. Then you’ll need to collaborate with subject matter experts to build and test the content. Once the course is done, you’ll need to pull in the IT folks to make sure it’s deployed properly. And of course you’ll need to keep a pulse on the budget and timeline all the while.
Project management can seem overwhelming, but it’s important to rise to the challenge if you want your course to succeed. In these posts, we explore tips for managing your elearning projects effectively.
- Your E-Learning Success Depends on These 7 Questions
- Here’s How to Save Time & Money Building Your Next E-Learning Course
- Here’s How to Measure ROI in the Real World
- Here’s How to Avoid Needs Analysis Paralysis
- 7 Proven Techniques for Keeping Your E-Learning Customers Happy
- The Single Most Important Word in Your E-learning Design Arsenal
- Here’s an Easy Way to Create Learning Objectives
- What Everyone Should Know About Working with Subject Matter Experts
- How to Get The Most Out Of Your Subject Matter Experts
- The Project Management Tip You Can’t Ignore
- Get to Know Your Learners (And Avoid These Pitfalls)
Upcoming Events (2015)
- Vancouver & Toronto Workshops: We’re planning a couple of workshops in Toronto & Vancouver. If you’re interested, let us know. Click here for more details.
- March 25-27 (Orlando, FL). Learning Solutions. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- April 15 & 16 (Chicago, IL). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: How to Build Interactive E-Learning
Day 2: Use Articulate Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- May 17-20 (Orlando, FL). ATD International Conference & Expo. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- June 3 & 4 (San Francisco, CA). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: Learn to Create Your Own E-Learning Assets
Day 2: Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- June 12 (Austin, TX). Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning. Registration page coming soon.
- Other locations include: Philadelphia, Seattle, Austin, Atlanta, Vancouver, and Toronto.
E-learning Community News
- Learn: Want to learn more about elearning? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
- Get hired: Job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs (updated weekly)
- Participate: Weekly challenges to sharpen your skills and show off what you’ve done. Great way to learn and get feedback.
- Resources: Free PowerPoint templates, free elearning templates, and free e-books. Updated all the time.
- Inspiration: Cool elearning examples.