Most people aren’t active participants in the elearning community. That’s OK. No one expects you to sit on the couch, eating bonbons, and chatting in the community. Most of us tend to use the community for quick help and then we go back to work.
Not being an active participant means that it’s possible you miss some really good stuff in the community. So in today’s post I am highlighting some of the free assets that your peers have recently shared in the elearning community.
12 Blurred Backgrounds
Here are some cool blurred backgrounds that can add richness and texture to your elearning courses. Montse Posner Anderson has an example screenshot and a tutorial on how to create your own backgrounds.
I actually used one of the backgrounds for a recent workshop on interactive elearning. You can see it below.
48 Stick Figure Characters
Organic, hand-drawn graphics are good for adding contrast to a formal course. They deviate from an expected corporate look and they can be used to highlight important points. They also can lighten things up a bit.
Community member Randy Borum shared some hand-drawn stick figures which may come in handy for your next elearning course.
You can download the files from these two forum threads. There are some additional tips and links to other resources in the comments thread.
Free Road Signs
Here are some free road signs that are great for quick attention-getters or your next safety course. These are courtesy of Articulate superhero, Steve Flowers.
7 Interactive Downloads
Here’s another freebie from Montse Posner Anderson. It’s a Storyline template with six different tabs interactions.
She also gave away a pretty slick drag and drop interaction. Just download the files and add your own content.
Other files shared by your peers in the community:
- Clotheslines template (PowerPoint)
- Evaluation tabs interaction (Storyline)
- Folder icons (PNG)
- Miscellaneous office backgrounds (PNG & PowerPoint): desk and mailroom
- Slide background (PowerPoint)
- Digital numbers (PowerPoint)
- Zombie characters (PNG)
There’s a lot more where those came from! To stay on top of what’s going on in the elearning community be sure to follow the weekly recap in the Word of Mouth blog.
I really appreciate is the generosity and helpfulness of people in our industry. Hopefully these free assets are helpful. If anything, they’re a great reminder that help’s only a few clicks away.
I’m planning my schedule for next year. If you’re interested in a workshop in your area, have your local ISPI or ASTD chapter contact me.
- January 17: Minneapolis, MN (PACT). Interactive E-Learning Made Easy with Articulate Storyline.
- January 29 & 30: London (Learning Technologies). I’ll be at the Articulate booth. Come by and say hello. The exhibition is free.
- April: San Diego, CA. Details coming.
- June: Portland, OR. Details coming.
- Working on some other locations like Austin, New York, Philadelphia, and Phoenix. So stay tuned.