Generally you have two types of courses. Some are all about pushing information out to the learners. And some focus on changing behavior and performance. Both have their roles in the world of elearning.
Performance-based courses are easier to assess because you can measure performance before and after. Information-based courses are a bit more challenging because it’s hard to see whether people use the information if it’s not tied to performance.
Interactive scenarios work well for both performance- and information-based courses. They help learners practice and apply your content. They also help assess the learner’s understanding. By creating an immersive learning environment, learners can explore and make decisions based on the information you want to share.
The following posts show how to quickly build interactive scenarios using branched navigation. You’ll also learn how to build graphics and other assets that’ll help you create an engaging and nice-looking scenario.
- Build Branched E-Learning Scenarios in Three Simple Steps
- How I Built that E-Learning Scenario
- How to Add Scenarios to Your Rapid E-Learning Courses…Rapidly!
- 7 Tips for Better E-Learning Scenarios
- Here’s How to Build Your Next E-Learning Scenario
- How to Create a Visual Design for Your E-Learning Scenario
- 3 Simple Steps to Create Background Images for Your Next E-Learning Scenario
- Create E-Learning Scenarios By Bringing the Virtual World into the Real World
- Create Custom Characters for Your E-Learning Scenarios
- How I Use Inexpensive Stock Photos to Create E-Learning Characters
Upcoming Events (2015)
- Vancouver & Toronto Workshops: We’re planning a couple of workshops in Toronto & Vancouver. If you’re interested, let us know. Click here for more details.
- March 25-27 (Orlando, FL). Learning Solutions. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- April 15 & 16 (Chicago, IL). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: How to Build Interactive E-Learning
Day 2: Use Articulate Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- May 17-20 (Orlando, FL). ATD International Conference & Expo. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- June 3 & 4 (San Francisco, CA). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: Learn to Create Your Own E-Learning Assets
Day 2: Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- June 12 (Austin, TX). Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning. Registration page coming soon.
- Other locations include: Philadelphia, Memphis, Atlanta, Vancouver, and Toronto.
E-learning Community News
- Learn: Want to learn more about elearning? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
- Get hired: Job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs (updated weekly)
- Participate: Weekly challenges to sharpen your skills and show off what you’ve done. Great way to learn and get feedback.
- Resources: Free PowerPoint templates, free elearning templates, and free e-books. Updated all the time.
- Inspiration: Cool elearning examples.