At a recent workshop I was showing some tips on creating elearning templates. I decided to finish up the template I started in that session and make it available for you to use as you wish. There’s a version created in PowerPoint and published with Articulate Studio ‘13 and a version created for Articulate Storyline.
General Structure of the Free E-Learning Template
There are three main sections: objectives, modules, and resources. There are five modules so I created a unique layout for each module giving you five layouts from which to start. From there you can make all sorts of iterations.
For this template I used a couple of free fonts from Google. You can learn more about Google Web Fonts here.
You can use your own fonts but you’ll need to make some adjustments to their alignment since the fonts will be a bit different.
Free PowerPoint Template
Here’s a published version of the free template created in PowerPoint. While it’s published in Studio’13 it will work fine in older versions, too.
Free Storyline Template
Here are the free elearning templates and a bonus download:
- Download the free PowerPoint template here.
- Download the free Storyline template here.
- In a recent I shared some free callouts. Here is another set of free callouts courtesy of one of the community members, DeLora Reardon.
Here are a few bonus tips regarding the free elearning templates:
- The pictures in the layouts are filled shapes. To adjust them you’ll need to modify the fill settings.
- The objective slide shape is filled with a pattern.
- The resource icons are from clip art style 1307.
- Many of the slide objects are on the master slide, so if you want to edit them, go there.
This week is Thanksgiving for those in the U.S. It’s often a time where we reflect on those things for which we’re thankful.
I am thankful for the blog readers, community members, and all of the great people I get to meet at the workshops each year. I am always inspired by the creativity and willingness to share by so many.
Hope you all have a great week.
Upcoming Events (2015)
- Vancouver & Toronto Workshops: We’re planning a couple of workshops in Toronto & Vancouver. If you’re interested, let us know. Click here for more details.
- March 25-27 (Orlando, FL). Learning Solutions. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- April 15 & 16 (Chicago, IL). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: How to Build Interactive E-Learning
Day 2: Use Articulate Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- May 17-20 (Orlando, FL). ATD International Conference & Expo. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- June 3 & 4 (San Francisco, CA). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: Learn to Create Your Own E-Learning Assets
Day 2: Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- June 12 (Austin, TX). Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning. Registration page coming soon.
- Other locations include: Philadelphia, Memphis, Atlanta, Vancouver, and Toronto.
E-learning Community News
- Learn: Want to learn more about elearning? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
- Get hired: Job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs (updated weekly)
- Participate: Weekly challenges to sharpen your skills and show off what you’ve done. Great way to learn and get feedback.
- Resources: Free PowerPoint templates, free elearning templates, and free e-books. Updated all the time.
- Inspiration: Cool elearning examples.