Today’s authoring tools make it easy to leverage the power of multimedia. Your courses can include not only graphics and illustrations but also narration, music, screencasts, and videos.
There’s a lot to know. The good news is you don’t need to be a professional audio engineer or video producer to build good elearning. But it sure does help to know a little about both and how to get the best quality possible.
These posts provide tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the audio & video you do use in your elearning courses.
- Understanding Multimedia For Rapid E-Learning
- 4 Simple Tips for Recording High-Quality Audio
- 13 More Tips to Help You Record Narration Like the Pros
- When It Makes Sense to Pay for Professional Narration
- Should You Add Background Audio to Your E-Learning Courses?
- 9 Free Tools That Help Me Build Better E-Learning
- How to Create Screencasts You Can Be Proud Of
- Here’s An Easy Way to Create Whiteboard Lectures for Your E-Learning Courses
Upcoming Events (2015)
- Vancouver & Toronto Workshops: We’re planning a couple of workshops in Toronto & Vancouver. If you’re interested, let us know. Click here for more details.
- January 28-29 (London, UK). I’ll be at Learning Technologies, swing by the Articulate booth #42 to say “Hi.”
- January 30 (London, UK). Doing a couple of seminars on building interactive elearning. Click here to register.
- February 10 & 11 (Omaha, NE). Sign up for one day or both:
Day 1: How to Build Interactive E-Learning
Day 2: Use Articulate Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- March 10 & 11 (Phoenix, AZ). Registration page coming soon.
Day 1: How to Build Interactive E-Learning with Articulate Storyline
Day 2: Articulate Storyline Brainteasers
- March 25-27 (Orlando, FL). Learning Solutions. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- April 15 & 16 (Chicago, IL). Details coming soon.
- May 17-20 (Orlando, FL). ATD International Conference & Expo. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- June 3 & 4 (San Francisco, CA). Registration page coming soon.
Day 1: Learn to Create Your Own E-Learning Assets
Day 2: Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- Other locations include: Philadelphia, Portland, Atlanta, Vancouver, and Toronto.
E-learning Community News
- Learn: Want to learn more about elearning? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
- Get hired: Job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs (updated weekly)
- Participate: Weekly challenges to sharpen your skills and show off what you’ve done. Great way to learn and get feedback.
- Resources: Free PowerPoint templates, free elearning templates, and free e-books. Updated all the time.
- Inspiration: Cool elearning examples.