An Articulate Package is a zip file that contains a copy of your entire Articulate Presenter project, including the PowerPoint file, the corresponding Articulate (*.ppta) file with audio/video resources, quiz files, and interaction files. Create an Articulate Package when you need to:
- Backup your project to a network drive or external USB drive.
- Share your project with another developer.
Creating an Articulate Package
- Do one of the following, depending on your version of PowerPoint:
PowerPoint 2010: Go to the File tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click Save & Send, and choose Articulate Package.
PowerPoint 2007: Click the round Microsoft Office button in the upper left corner, scroll to Send, and choose Articulate Package.
PowerPoint 2003 and earlier: Go to the File menu, scroll to Send to, and choose Articulate Presenter Package.
- When the Articulate Presenter Package window appears, choose a Package Location. By default, the zip file will be created in the same location where your PowerPoint file is stored, but you can change it. Just click the ellipsis (...) button, and browse to a different folder.
- Modify any of the optional Package Notes, and click Create Package.
- When the Publish Successful dialog appears, you'll have an option to open the folder where the zip file was created. Click Close when you're done.
Backing up your project to a network drive or USB drive
After creating an Articulate Package, copy the resulting zip file to a network drive or USB drive for backup or versioning purposes. When you need to edit or publish the project again, move the Articulate Package back to your local hard drive and fully extract it before opening the presentation.
Sharing your project with another developer
After creating an Articulate Package, send the resulting zip file to another developer through your preferred delivery method (email, external drive, network drive, etc.). The developer who receives it should save it to their local hard drive and fully extract it before opening the presentation.