Here’s a recap of posts from 2013 where I shared free templates or assets to help you build your online training courses.
Do You Need an Instructional Design Degree?
This is probably one of the hottest questions of the past year. It comes up quite a bit and creates a lot of good conversation—both pro and con. If you haven’t weighed in with your opinion, it’s not too late.
PowerPoint Tips & Tricks
Many elearning courses are dependent on PowerPoint. The more you know about it, the better you’ll be at designing good courses. The tips below help you learn more about using the features so that you become more fluent with PowerPoint.
Free Templates for E-Learning
Templates are a great way to get started or transition existing content for online training. Here are a few to speed things up for your next course.
- Here Are Some Free E-Learning Templates to Speed Up Your Course Design [PowerPoint & Articulate Storyline]
- Another Free PowerPoint E-Learning Template [PowerPoint]
- Celebrate Summer with This Free PowerPoint E-Learning Template [PowerPoint & Articulate Storyline]
- Create a New Look for Your Online Training Courses with this Simple Tip [PowerPoint & Articulate Storyline]
- More Than a Dozen Bonus Tips & Tricks to Produce Better E-Learning [PowerPoint & Articulate Storyline]
- Answers to Your Rapid E-Learning Questions & Free Templates [PowerPoint & Articulate Storyline]
- Close Out the Year with These Free E-Learning Templates: This post contains templates created in PowerPoint, custom quiz results, quiz question template, and an interactive tabbed folder. [PowerPoint & Articulate Storyline]
Free Graphics & Media Assets for E-Learning Design
- Free Assets from the E-Learning Community: This post contains a number of templates from community members. [PowerPoint & Articulate Storyline]
- 3 Free Tools That Save Time & Money Plus Get a Cool Job
- Find Inspiration with These E-Learning Design Tips & Free Templates
- Hundreds of Free Textures for Your E-Learning Courses & Here Are Hundreds of Free Textures: Textures galore with tips on how to use them.
- Become a Font Pro with This Time-Saving Tip
- Free Backgrounds to Use with Your Online Training Program
- More than 100 Free Callouts for Your Online Course Design
Community Resources & Tutorials
Weekly Challenge: Using Job Aids in E-Learning
Forums Compilation: Learning Management Systems (LMS) Great community conversation about learning management systems. This is one to bookmark.
Community Recap: Avoid Trumped Up E-Learning Charges. A great recap of everything that happened this past week in the elearning community.
Upcoming Events & Workshops
- January 23 & 24: Las Vegas, NV (TechKnowledge): Mike Taylor will host two creation stations on Building Interactive E-Learning in Articulate Studio ‘13.
- January 29-30: London (Learning Technologies): I’ll be doing a quick presentation on interactive video using the Articulate applications. If you’re at the conference, swing by the Articulate booth.
- February 4-6: Karlsruhe (LEARNTEC 2014): I’ll be at the conference working in the Articulate booth and would love to meet you.
- March 11-12: Phoenix, AZ (ASTD). Details coming.
- March 19: Sydney (iDESIGNX): I’m excited to attend my first conference in Australia. Looking forward to meeting many of the blog readers there.
Post written by Tom Kuhlmann