I had a great time at recent presentations in Minneapolis and Nashville. It’s really fun to meet people from different parts of the country. Like in most sessions, I find that many are struggling to work by themselves with limited resources. So I’m always looking for ways to help people get more out of the tools they have.
During these trips I tend to have extra time at the airport, so usually play around with template ideas. They help me eat up some of the time waiting and I know that I’ll be able to give away the templates.
Here’s a template I was playing with recently (and a few additional templates for you to download).
Business Time PowerPoint Template
This template is designed around four sections. Of course, once you break it apart and see how it’s built, you can add as many sections as you like. I also used a couple of fonts from the free Google web fonts I mentioned a couple of weeks ago: Airstream and Arvo.
If you want to change the images in the sections, that’s easy to do. They’re just shaped filled with pictures. Right-click on the shape and then fill it with a different image. You can move the image around the shape using the offset X and Y axis.
Bluegreen PowerPoint Template
The template below is from the Skyscan demo I did a couple of years ago. I wrote about it in this blog post on how you can save your job in this economy. This template works really well with Articulate Engage.
Subtle Sky PowerPoint Template
Below is an idea I was playing with a while back. It has a very subtle blue accent to it. It’s made up of two basic screens like the Skyscan demo. I never did anything with it because it was too subtle. You’re free to use it if you like.
Community PowerPoint Templates
Jeanette’s recently added a couple of templates to the Articulate community. They’re pretty cool. You can see them in action below. Feel free to download them and use as you wish.
All of these demos are available to you via the E-learning Heroes community. You can find them in the free downloads section or download them individually using the links below.
Hope you enjoy the templates and can find some use for them.
Upcoming Events (2015)
- May 17-20 (Orlando, FL). ATD International Conference & Expo. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- June 3 & 4 (San Francisco, CA). Updated! Register for one or both days.
Day 1: Learn to Create Your Own E-Learning Assets
Day 2: Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- June 12 (Austin, TX). Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning. Updated! Register here.
We’re hosting a series of two-day elearning workshops that focus on practical tips and tricks. You can register for one day or two days.
- June 17 & 18 (Toronto). Register here. If you’re interested in presenting or want to submit an idea, complete this form.
- August 4 & 5 (Seattle). Register here. If you’re interested in presenting or want to submit an idea, complete this form.
- September 23 & 24 (Vancouver). Register here. If you’re interested in presenting or want to submit an idea, complete this form.
- October 28 & 29 (Philadelphia). Register here. If you’re interested in presenting or want to submit an idea, complete this form.
E-learning Community News
Check out all of the free resources below. You can grab a bunch of free downloads, see some nice examples, and learn everything you need to build great elearning.
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out