So you want to design better e-learning? There’s a community for that: E-Learning Heroes. In fact, there are templates, storyboards, job aids and just about everything else you need to start building better courses.
This week’s recap features course critiques, job aids, training wikis, free icons and lots more! Check out the highlights below for all the helpful tips and insights users shared over the past week:
- How to translate content in Articulate Storyline
- Getting started with Articulate Studio ’09 workshop (w/ practice files!)
- How to create job aids using: Articulate Storyline and Word and using PowerPoint and Word
- Create custom drop shadows for transparent characters using PowerPoint
- Create your own characters and sets using the PowerPoint drawing tools
- Using PowerPoint’s freeform shapes and remove background to break apart an image
- Demo on maintaining aspect ratios of objects Articulate Studio ’09 and Articulate Storyline
- Auto-advancing an Articulate Storyline tabs slide once the learner views all layers
Conversations in the community:
- What do you include on your training request form?
- How often should clients review the project during development?
- What types of assets should you give clients at project transfer?
- How do you combine training and wikis?
- Ideas for designing quick and effective job aids
- Users review and offer constructive feedback on an e-learning course
- Seeking ideas for showing comparisons
- Storyline demos: Reaction to Change Inventory and Simple Jigsaw Puzzle
- Freebies: Sharing some icons
New blog posts:
- Celebrate the End of Summer with This Free PowerPoint E-Learning Template
- How to Build an E-Learning Template in 30 Seconds