Do you ever feel like you’re building courses in the dark? Designing game-changing e-learning requires a game plan and a lot of practice. Clients, SMEs and even teammates can change plays without notice. That’s why you need a talented offense like E-Learning Heroes—they’ll leave the lights on for you so you can keep your eyes on the ball.
This week’s game featured animation tips, custom avatars, text-to-speech options, user demos and a lot more. For an instant replay of last week’s e-learning action, check out the highlights below:
- Zoom in on key course content in Articulate Storyline
- Turning the Quizmaker timer on & off, and creating your own timer
- Creating a knowledge check in Articulate Engage
- Linking from one Engage section to another (or to a Presenter slide) in an Engage interaction
- Protect your eLearning audio as part of the round tripping process in Articulate Presenter
- Articulate Presenter audio bulk upload tool. HOW did I not know about this until now?
Conversations in the community:
- Picking a character to start a quiz type game
- Toon Boom and animation options
- What aspect ratio do you use for courses?
- Text to speech options
- Time to develop a two-minute software simulation
- Vendor vs. in-house e-learning production
- Ideas for including a fraud warning at the beginning of each course
- Demos: Phone simulator | Role-playing game | Scrolling timeline | Animated navigation
New blog posts:
Seen on Twitter:
- @LnDDave shared a link to curated resources from the Learning Technologies 2013 Conference Backchannel
- @tmiket shared a link to a research report on how many slides people remember
- @mkostina shared a link to Go Slow, Quickly: Make the Move to Mobile
- @kukharenko shared a link to 6 Steps To Becoming A Better Twitter User